Signs, symptoms, diagnosis & treatment of breast cancer. Best hospitals for breast cancer treatment in India. Best doctors for breast cancer treatment in India. Cost of breast cancer treatment in India. Cost of breast cancer surgery in India.
Breast cancer, diagnosis & treatment
What is Breast Cancer ?
When cells inside the breast divide and grow without control that condition is Breast Cancer. 50-75% of breast cancers begin in milk duct, about 10-15% begin in lobules and a few on other breast tissues.
Warning signs of Breast Cancer ?
- A change in the look or feel of the breast.
- A change in the look or feel of the nipple.
- Nipple discharge.
- Lump, hard knot or thickening inside the breast or underarm area.
- Swelling, warmth, redness or darkening of the breast.
- Change in the size or shape of the breast.
- Dimpling or puckering of the skin.
- Itchy, scaly sore or rash on the nipple.
- Pulling in of your nipple or other parts of the breast.
- Nipple discharges that starts suddenly.
- New pain in one spot that does not go away.
- Ranked no.1 cancer among Indian females with age adjusted rate as high as 25.8 per 100,000 women & mortality 12.7 women per 100,000 women.
- Mortality to incidence ratio was found to be as high as 66 in rural registries whereas as low as 8 in urban registries.
- Breast cancer projection for India during time periods 2020 suggests the number to go as high as 17,50,000.
- Lifestyle such as sedentary lifestyle, smoking, drinking alcohol, and lack of exercise increases risk.
- Reproduction (Age at 1st period).
- Genetics (Such as family history).
- Environment (Such as radiation exposure).
- Older women has higher chances of developing breast cancer than younger women, hence age increases risk.
- Clinical examination
- Breast Ultrasound
- Breast Biopsy
- Breast FNAC
- Breast Scan
- Breast Mammography
Treatment depends on age
- Medical procedure like teletherapy and radiation therapy
Best hospitals for breast cancer treatment in India
- BLK Superspecialty Hospital, New Delhi
- Artemis Hospital, Gurgaon
- Mazumdar Shaw Cancer Center, Bangalore
- HCG EKO Cancer Cneter, Kolkata
- American Oncology, Hyderabad
- Gleneagles Global Health City, Chennai
- Gleneagles Global BGS, Bangalore
- Continental Hospital, Hyderabad
- Yashoda Hospital, Hyderabad
- Seven Hills, Mumbai
Cost of breast cancer treatment in India
Cost of breast cancer treatment varies from patient to patient, stage of the disease and type & place of hospital in India. However, given below is the approximate of expenses usually incurred in the treatment of breast cancer in India.
Breast Cancer Surgery –
Lumpectomy – $ 2200 USD
Partial mastectomy – $ 2800 – 5000 USD
Total mastectomy – $ 3500 – 6000 USD
Modified radical mastectomy – $ 3500 – 6000 USD
Radical mastectomy – $ 4000 – 6000 USD
Chemotherapy – Per Session – $ 400-1200 USD (Depending upon patient body weight, stage of cancer & brand of medicine used).
Radiotherapy – $ 3500-5000 USD
WHATSAPP / IMO REPORTS at +91 30884 30884
> #1 in Cancer Care in India
> JCI Accredited Hospitals
> Board Certified Specialists
> 1000+ Patients Treated
GET COST ESTIMATE
Our Panel Hospitals
All our panel hospitals are JCI or NABH accredited hospitals specializes in treatment of cancer. We have tie up with more than 100 best hospitals in 8 metro cities of India.
All of our panel hospitals uses latest technology for the treatment of cancer. We have team of super specialist cancer surgeons who perform highly advanced minimally invasive and open surgical procedures.
All our panel of consultants are board certified and trained to handle any kind of complex benign and malignant tumors. We also provides advice and support for the challenges that a patient may face on their cancer journey.