Cancer surgery is performed by specialist cancer surgeons to remove the effected cells inside the body via surgical procedure. A specialist surgeon generally takes out the infected part and repair the part. Its sometimes also called as Surgical Resection.
Surgery in cancer
- procedure used for diagnosis of cancer is called as Biopsy.
- Treat small early stage cancers that haven’t spread much.
- Curative surgery is performed with the goal to remove entire tumor or areas where cancer has spread. This can be primary treatment of cancer and can be performed after or before chemotherapy or radiotherapy.
- Debulking surgery removes only a part of tumor and not entire of it. This is done to ensure no damage is caused to the effected organ.
- Pallative surgery is performed to releive discomfort or correction problem.
- Supportive surgery helps make other cancer treatments works effectively.
- Restorative surgery restores the body’s appearance.
- Preventive surgery removes cells or part which is likely to get effected of cancer.
How is surgery performed ?
Surgeons often use small, thin knives, called scalpels, and other sharp tools to cut your body during surgery. Surgery often requires cuts through skin, muscles, and sometimes bone. After surgery, these cuts can be painful and take some time to recover from.
Anesthesia keeps you from feeling pain during surgery. Anesthesia refers to drugs or other substances that cause you to lose feeling or awareness. There are three types of anesthesia:
- Local anesthesia causes loss of feeling in one small area of the body.
- Regional anesthesia causes loss of feeling in a part of the body, such as an arm or leg.
- General anesthesia causes loss of feeling and a complete loss of awareness that seems like a very deep sleep.
Risk of surgery
WHATSAPP / IMO REPORTS at +91 30884 30884
> #1 in Cancer Care in India
> JCI Accredited Hospitals
> Board Certified Specialists
> 1000+ Patients Treated
GET COST ESTIMATE
All of our panel hospitals uses latest technology for the treatment of cancer. We have team of super specialist cancer surgeons who perform highly advanced minimally invasive and open surgical procedures.
All our panel of consultants are board certified and trained to handle any kind of complex benign and malignant tumors. We also provides advice and support for the challenges that a patient may face on their cancer journey.