Dr Ashish Goel
BLK Hospital, New Delhi
Presently working as a Sr. Consultant in Surgical Oncology department at BLK Super Speciality Hospital, New Delhi
- Consultant Surgical Oncologist – Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Institute & Research Centre, Delhi
- Specialist Registrar – Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai
- Assistant Professor – Cancer Hospital & Research Institute, Gwalior
- Specialist Registrar – Mahavir Cancer Sansthan & Research Centre, Patna
- Post Graduate & Senior Resident in Surgery at JN Medical College, Aligarh
- Training in VATS and Robotic Surgery in Thoracic Oncology from Samsung Medical Centre Seoul, Korea.
- Training in VATS and Robotic Surgery in Thoracic Oncology from Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Centre, New York, USA.
- Training in Robotic Surgery on da Vinci SI Robotic Surgery System from Vattikutti Technologies (under the aegis of Intuitive Surgicals Inc USA).
- Training in Head and Neck Oncology & LASER Surgery from Department of Head & Neck Surgery, University of Brescia, Italy.
- Training in Peritoneal Surface Surgery, CRS and HIPEC from Department of Surgical Oncology, Catharina Hospital, Eindhoven, Netherlands.
- Co Organizing Secretary Breastcon 2013 RGCI Delhi
- Co Organizing Secretary Thyrocon 2011 RGCI Delhi
- Task Force Member Scientific Committee ICC 2013, NEW DELHI
- Task Force Member Scientific Committee ACOS 2016, NEW DELHI
- Thoracic Oncology – Surgery for Esophageal and Lung Cancer, Resection of Chest Wall and Mediastinal Tumors, Systematic Mediastinal Lymph Node Dissection
- Breast Oncology – Breast Conservation Surgery, Sentinel Node Biopsy and Breast Oncoplasty
- Gynae Oncology – Surgery for Ovarian, cervical and endometrial cancer, Cytoreductive Surgery, Laparoscopic Hysterectomy
- Bone Soft Tissue Sarcomas – Surgery for soft tissue sarcomas and Limb Salvage Surgery for bone tumors
- Head Neck Surgery – Surgery for Oral Cancer, Cancer Larynx, Para nasal sinuses and Thyroid Cancers
- Coordinator – Delhi Thoracic Oncology Group
- Member Executive Committee Oncology Forum (Delhi)
- Life Member Association of Surgeons of India (ASI)
- Life Member Indian Association of Surgical Oncology (IASO)
- Life Member Federation for Head Neck Oncology (FHNO)
- Life Member Indian Society of Oncology (ISO)
- Life Member Indian Laryngology Society
- Robot Assisted McKeown Esophagectomy is feasible after Neoadjuvant Chemoradiation. Our initial experience. Indian Journal of Surgery (July 2016)
- Radical Esophagectomy after Neoadjuvant Chemoradiation: Single Institutional experience from tertiary cancer centre in India. Indian Journal of Surgical Oncology September 2015, Volume 6, Issue 3, pp 207-212.
- Resection after neoadjuvant chemotherapy in advanced carcinoma of gallbladder: A retrospective study. Indian Journal of Surgical Oncology. 2015 Mar; 6(1):16-9. 2015 Jan 22.
- Reconstruction in Breast Conservation Therapy – Single tertiary care Institution experience with 472 patients. Indian Journal of Surgical Oncology, May 2017.
- Radical Cystectomy in octogenarians. Indian Journal of Urology, 2012 Apr-Jun; 28(2): 189–192
- Management of borderline ovarian tumors – Still a grey zone. (Review Article). Indian Journal of Surgical Oncology Sept 2017.
- Role of pneumonectomy for lung cancer in current scenario. An Indian perspective. Indian Journal of Cancer. 2017: Vol. 54, Issue 1. 234-240.
- Preservation of aesthetics of breast in pectoralis major myocutaneous flap donor site in females. Journal of Maxillofacial and Oral Surgery, 2016 Jun;15(2):268-71
- Male breast cancer: A retrospective review of clinical profile from a tertiary cancer center in India. South Asian Journal of Cancer. 2017; 6: 141-3
- Sternal Resection and Reconstruction for Malignant Phyllodes Tumor. Indian Journal of Surgery. 2015 Aug; 77(4):336-7. Epub 2015 Jul 1.
- Cervical cord compression as initial presentation of papillary thyroid carcinoma: A case report. Indian Journal of Surgical Oncology. 2016 Sep;7(3):349-52
- Arm lymph edema after treatment of breast cancer: Etiology, diagnosis, & management. Asian Journal of Oncology July-December 2015, Vol. 1; Issue 2
- Tailored approach to management of bilateral breast cancer in Indian women. Asian Journal of Oncology. July-December 2015, Vol. 1; Issue 2
- Lymphatic Microsurgical Preventing Healing Approach (LYMPHA) for Prevention of Breast Cancer-Related Lymphedema — a preliminary report. Indian Journal of Surgical Oncology, February 2018.
- The Futility of Systematic Lymphadenectomy in Early-Stage Low-grade Endometrial Cancer. Indian Journal of Surgical Oncology (April 2018)
- Multiple Gastrointestinal cancers in a single patient – A rare clinical entity. Indian Journal of Surgical Oncology (Accepted for publication)
- Modified pectoralis major myocutaneous flap for defects of oral cavity with Infratemporal fossa clearance. Indian Journal of Plastic Surgery (Submitted for publication)
- Oncoplastic breast reconstruction in breast conservation surgery: Improving the oncological and aesthetic outcomes. South Asian Journal of Cancer (Submitted for publication)
- Flap Reconstruction and Interstitial Brachytherapy in non-extremity soft tissue sarcoma. Journal of Cancer Research & Therapeutics. Jun 2007 Volume 3, Issue 2.
- Radiation induced sarcoma following treatment of breast cancer. Indian Journal of Cancer 1999, 36(2):192-193
- Traumatic extradural hematoma of delayed onset. Indian Medical Gazette. 2000.
- Peribiliary cavernoma mimicking choledochal ascariasis. Indian Medical Gazette. 2000
- Ergotamine induced gangrene in upper extremity in patients with abnormal menstrual bleeding. Indian Journal of Surgery, Vol. 62, No2, 2000.
Indian J Surg Oncol (2011 Sep; 2(3): 221–259.)
- Salvage neck dissection for post chemo-radiation residual disease in head & neck cancer.
- Epidemiology and outcomes of pediatric rhabdomyosarcoma.
- Laryngeal Chondrosarcoma – A case report.
- Total Laryngectomy in the elderly
- Persistent mullerian duct syndrome in a patient with testicular tumor.
Indian J Surg Oncol (2013 Jun; 4(2): 172–218.)
- Chest wall resection and reconstruction – A technical challenge.
- Pulmonary metastatectomy for lung secondaries, an initial study.
Indian J Surg Oncol (2015 Jun; 6(2): 144–188.)
- Male breast cancer: a single institutional experience from India.
- SLNB for early breast cancer using methylene blue dye in India: the way forward!
- Bilateral breast cancer: uncommon but unique entity!
- Breast conservation after neoadjuvant chemotherapy – our initial experience.
- Adenolipoma of the breast: a clinico radiological entity and pathologist’s dilemma!
- Image guided localization for non-palpable breast lesions: emerging trend in India.
- Preoperative chemotherapy followed by surgery for locally advanced lung cancer is feasible & safe.
Indian Journal of Cancer November 2013
- Inappropriate Lumpectomy in early breast cancer challenges the standard of care.
- Preemptive flap cover of bronchial stump following pneumonectomy in post neoadjuvant therapy lung cancer patients.
Abstract Publications Diseases of Esophagus
Volume 27, Issue Supplement S1, Article first published online: 19 SEP 2014
- Current role of FDG18 PET-CT for response assessment after neoadjuvant chemo-radiation in carcinoma esophagus.
- Esophageal second primary following definitive chemo-radiation for Ca Hypopharynx. A surgical challenge.
- Stapled esophagogastric anastomosis in neck after esophagectomy, Is it better than hand sewn anastomosis?
- VATS Esophagectomy after neoadjuvant chemotherapy in multicentric ca esophagus.
Abstract Publications ASCO Proceedings:
- Results of invasive cervical cancer patients undergoing inadvertent hysterectomy followed by salvage radiotherapy. Abstract No. 15034, Proc. ASCO 2006 Annual Meeting.
- Role of palliative gastrectomy in locally advanced gastric cancer: Experience of 313 cases. Abstract No. 39 Proc. 2006 Gastrointestinal Cancers Symposium ASCO
- Surgical management of ca gall bladder Abstract No. 203 Proc. 2006 GI Cancer Symposium