Treatment of cancer
If detected early there are several treatment options for cancer and it can be cured.
Chemotherapy treatment in Cancer
Use of chemotherapy is a prevalent option these days to treat cancer. Use of chemotherapy can help lessen some of the stress during patients treatment.
What is Chemotherapy ?
Chemotherapy is use of anti-cancer drugs to destroy cancer cells. In chemotherapy sometimes only one drug is used or it can be given in combination of drugs for effective management. Chemotherapy can be given before or after surgery or radiation therapy.
How chemotherapy is given ?
- Needle inserted into vein
- Directly into infected organs
- As a cream
Side effects of chemotherapy
- Nausea or vomiting
- Mouth sours or ulcers
- Increased risk of infection
- Hair loss
- Loss of apetite
- Dry eyes
Radiotherapy or radiation therapy treatment in cancer
What is radiation therapy ?
When is Radiation therapy used ?
Radiotherapy can be used along with chemotherapy, before or after the surgery.
How radiotherapy is given ?
Radiation therapy is given from outside in which a machine directs radiation at the cancer and surrounding tissues. In internal radiation therapy, radioactive material is put in thin tubes and placed inside the body near the cancer cells.
Side effects of radiotherapy –
- Dry, red or itchy skin
- Loss of apetite
- Digestive problems
- Hair loss
- Dry or sore throat or dry mouth
- Cough or shortness of breadth
Immunotherapy treatment in cancer
What is Immunotherapy ?
In what type of cancer immunotherapy is used ?
Side effects of Immunotherapy –
- Skin rash
- Abdominal pain
- Dry eyes
- Joint pain
- Vision issues
- Shortness of breath and coughing
- Yellowing of the eyes
- Thyroid issues
- Abdominal pain
Cancer surgery is performed by specialist cancer surgeons to remove the effected cells inside the body via surgical procedure. A specialist surgeon generally takes out the infected part and repair the part. Its sometimes also called as Surgical Resection.
Surgery in cancer
- procedure used for diagnosis of cancer is called as Biopsy.
- Treat small early stage cancers that haven’t spread much.
- Curative surgery is performed with the goal to remove entire tumor or areas where cancer has spread. This can be primary treatment of cancer and can be performed after or before chemotherapy or radiotherapy.
- Debulking surgery removes only a part of tumor and not entire of it. This is done to ensure no damage is caused to the effected organ.
- Pallative surgery is performed to releive discomfort or correction problem.
- Supportive surgery helps make other cancer treatments works effectively.
- Restorative surgery restores the body’s appearance.
- Preventive surgery removes cells or part which is likely to get effected of cancer.
How is cancer surgery performed ?
Surgeons often use small, thin knives, called scalpels, and other sharp tools to cut your body during surgery. Surgery often requires cuts through skin, muscles, and sometimes bone. After surgery, these cuts can be painful and take some time to recover from.
Anesthesia keeps you from feeling pain during surgery. Anesthesia refers to drugs or other substances that cause you to lose feeling or awareness. There are three types of anesthesia:
- Local anesthesia causes loss of feeling in one small area of the body.
- Regional anesthesia causes loss of feeling in a part of the body, such as an arm or leg.
- General anesthesia causes loss of feeling and a complete loss of awareness that seems like a very deep sleep.
Risk of surgery
Ayurveda treatment in cancer
Cancer prevention & rehabilitation in Ayurveda
There are some very special Ayurveda hospitals in India which undertake Integrated Cancer Rehabilitation Program (ICRP). This program is based on the foundations of classic Ayurveda treatment that takes care of all kinds of cancers. This program specially focuses on improving the quality of life of the patient pre or post allopathic treatment of cancer.
Cancer directed therapies
Cancer directed therapies are offered to patients and cancers that can not be treated and are beyond treatment by modern medicine and patient wants to avail Ayurveda therapy as an option. Most importantly if someone is having any history of cancer in the family, he can assess his or her risk level and proactively practice the diet lifestyle along with the support from Ayurvedic herbs and medicines and thus reduce the risk of cancer.
Type of cancer that can be treated with Ayurveda
Following type of cancers can be covered under ICRP program.
- Breast cancer
- Cancer of the Cervix
- Ovary cancer
- Colon cancer
- Lung cancer
- Head & Neck cancer
- Secondary & metastatic carcinoma
- Adverse effects of chemotherapy
- Adverse effects of radiotherapy
I came for cancer treatment of my sister to New Delhi, India. Our medical visa letter was processed by Mr Sandeep from Sahyogita. He helped us get the most economical and best treatment of cancer for my sister. We thank Sahyogita for all the help imparted. Now we are back to our country.
Hadiza - Nigeria
WHATSAPP / IMO REPORTS at +91 96 1588 1588
> #1 in Cancer Care in India
> JCI Accredited Hospitals
> Board Certified Specialists
> 1000+ Patients Treated
GET COST ESTIMATE
Our Panel Hospitals
All our panel hospitals are JCI or NABH accredited hospitals specializes in treatment of cancer. We have tie up with more than 100 best hospitals in 8 metro cities of India.
All of our panel hospitals uses latest technology for the treatment of cancer. We have team of super specialist cancer surgeons who perform highly advanced minimally invasive and open surgical procedures.
All our panel of consultants are board certified and trained to handle any kind of complex benign and malignant tumors. We also provides advice and support for the challenges that a patient may face on their cancer journey.